A Practical Approach to Oral Surgery for The General Dentist
with Dr. Larry Gaum
- Saturday, November 26, 2005
- Delta Beauséjour, Moncton, NB
This course is designed for the general practitioner who wishes to
perform his/her own surgery and who rarely refers cases to the specialist.
It is a step-by-step presentation, accompanied by slides, of numerous
minor surgical procedures that the dentist can and will confidently perform
in the office when this seminar is completed. The course will demonstrate
techniques that have been utilized and updated successfully for over
It is important to emphasize that this seminar does
not present major
Maxillofacial surgery such as osteotomies, fractures, condylectomies,
rhinoplasties, etc. that are of no practical or clinical value to the
GP. The surgical procedures that will be taught are the "Bread and
Butter" variety, allowing the participant to refine and update all
- The importance of a Complete and Accurate Diagnosis
- Surgical removal Of Impacted 3rd molars
- Surgical removal of erupted molars and erupted 3rd molars
- Surgical removal of Cysts, Soft and Bony Tissue
- Surgical removal of Hyperplastic Tissue and Hemostasis
- Surgical removal of Soft Tissue tumors: Fibromas
- Surgical removal of Tori: Torus Mandibularis, Torus Palatinus
- Surgical exposure of Impacted Cuspids: (Pre-Orthodontic treatment)
- Frenectomies: Maxillary Labial and Mandibular Lingual (ankyloglossia)
- The “ART” Mandibular Block. A NEW approach to regional
anesthesia involving the Inferior Alveolar Nerve (V3)
- Post-Op Surgical considerations including treatment of Dry Sockets
Participants will find that the choice of proper instruments for each
surgical technique, the proper use of these instruments and the proper
surgical techniques, as well as pre-operative patient assessment and
post -operative considerations will no longer be complicated nor a mystery.
The GP will have the confidence and the skill to perform all of the surgical
techniques taught in the seminar using appropriate instruments and correct
Dr. Lawrence I. Gaum
D.D.S. F.A.D.S.A. F. I. C.D.
Dr. Gaum is an oral surgeon who maintains
a private practice in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
He is a graduate of Dalhousie University Dental School
and practiced general dentistry before taking his
specialty training in Anesthesia and Oral Surgery
at the University Of Pittsburgh and Wilmington
Medical Centre. He is a former Associate in
Dentistry, Faculty Of Dentistry, University Of
Toronto. He has lectured extensively throughout
Canada, United States and other countries.
He is the author of numerous articles on Oral Surgery
and Anesthesia published in many major Canadian
American and European Journals.
Dr. Gaum is a member of several Dental Associations
in Canada, United States and England. He is a staff
Member of St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto and is
the Director of Global Professional Seminars.